Викторина по теме «Книги в нашей жизни» 9 класс Цели : Обобщение изученного материала Активизация навыков диалогической и монологической речи Тренировка лексических навыков
УРОК - ВИКТОРИНА
По теме «Книги в нашей жизни»
Обобщение изученного материала
Активизация навыков диалогической и монологической речи
Тренировка лексических навыков
Поддержание интереса к изучению иностранного языка
Оборудование: портреты зарубежных писателей, картинки с изображением сказочных героев, карточки с фамилиями писателей, карточки с названиями литературных жанров, жетоны-карточки (за правильные ответы)
1. Организационный момент. Сообщение темы и целей урока
- Good afternoon, my dear boys and girls!
- I’m glad to see you.
- How are you today?
- Today we shall have a competition on the topic “Books in our life”. You will play games and do different tasks. You will get a “stick” if you are the best participant. The winner of our competition will be a team which will have more sticks than other team. Let’s begin, please.
II. Задание 1
- It’s time to begin our competition. You’ll have to work in a chain and ask some questions on the topic “Books”.
Учащиеся работают по цепочке: ученик произносит свой вопрос вслух и называет ученика из другой команды, который ответит на него. Ученик, ответивший на него получает право задать следующий вопрос. Если ученик испытывает затруднение в составлении вопроса, ход переходит к следующему участнику. За каждый грамматически правильно составленный вопрос по теме ученик получает 2 жетона, за правильный ответ – 1 жетон.
Примерные вопросы и ответы учащихся:
When and where do you usually read? (I usually read at home in the evening)
How much time do you spend on reading every day? (I usually spend an hour on reading every day)
How many books have you got at home? (I have got more than a hundred of books at home.)
How old were you when you began reading? (I was five years old when I began reading.)
Do you prefer to read books or magazines? (I prefer to read books.)
Do your parents help you to choose the books you read? (My parents sometimes help me to choose the books I read.)
Do you do any extra reading? (Yes, I do. I do sometimes extra reading.)
III. Задание 2
- The next task for you is to prove that a book can be a good present for everyone. Share your ideas, please. You’ll have a stick for each statement.
Примерные утверждения учащихся:
Reading books is useful and interesting.
A lot of people are fond of reading nowadays.
Books help us to solve the problems of our life.
We learn a lot of new facts about famous people, lands and countries from the books.
Books help us to make new friends
Books are useful because they learn us to plan our time and life.
Reading books is a popular hobby of people of different ages.
Books have beautiful pictures and photos.
Books are not very expensive.
Books help pupils to study better. Etc.
IV. Задание 3
- I am sure you know different types of books. Will you name it? Well done! And now guess what kind of book it is, listening to the definitions:
- a long written story about modern people and events (a modern novel)
- a book about some person’s life (a biography)
- a story in which frightening and often unnatural things happen (a horror story)
- words of language with the information about their meanings, pronunciation, etc. (a dictionary)
- facts about almost anything and everything (a reference book)
- a story about events, sometimes invented, which happened to someone somewhere (an adventure book)
- a short story that teaches a lesson, a story in which animals or objects speak (fairy tale)
- a book or a play that tells a very exciting story especially of crime and violence (thriller)
- a book about untrue scientific events (science fiction)
- a book about American frontier of the nineteenth century (western)
V. Задание 4
-I want you to look at the blackboard. You can see the list of British writers. Match their names and their professions.
( На доске магнитами прикреплены карточки – профессии и фамилии писателей. Учащиеся по очереди подходят и помещают карточку с фамилией писателя соответственно его профессии)
Poets - R. Burns, A. Pope
Children’s writer – B. Popper, L. Carroll, Robert L. Stevenson, R. Dahl
Playwright – W. Shakespeare, J. Mortimer
VI. Задание 5
Look at the blackboard again. You can see portraits of famous British writers. Listen to the stories about them and guess their names.( Учащиеся угадывают фамилию писателя по краткому описанию.)
He is an English writer of plays, one of the most famous ever. Among the most famous of his plays are tragedies, the comedies and the historical plays. (William Shakespeare)
They are English writers, who wrote only several books. They lived in the middle of 19th century. (Bronte Sisters)
A British playwright and barrister of the 20th century. He wrote plays for the stage. (John Mortimer)
An English writer who wrote animal stories for young children and drew the pictures for her books. (Beatrix Potter)
A Scottish poet who wrote hundreds of songs and poems, mainly on country life, love and national pride. (Robert Burns)
An English writer of novels and plays, famous especially for the novel “Brighton Rock”. (Graham Green)
Teacher : Find their portraits!
VII. Задание 6
As I know people of different ages like to read fairytales. Do you like to read them? Why do you like fairytales? (They are exciting. They usually have an interesting plot. Fairytales are easy to read. There a lot of amusing and witty fairytales.) Now I shall describe the fairytale and you will guess it. Are you ready to start?
This story is about three brothers. They wanted to build three houses in the wood. But the wolf destroyed two of them. (Three Little Pigs)
This poor girl had no mother but she had a stepmother and two stepsisters. She was unhappy and worked a lot but at the end of the story the prince married her. (Cinderella)
The girl wanted to visit her grandmother but she had many problems on her way. The hunters helped her to see her granny. (Little Riding Hood)
This beautiful girl lived in water. She fell in love with the young man. She couldn’t live among people and was very unhappy. (Little Mermaid)
The bear had many friends. They lived in the forest and the fairy tale is about their adventures. (Winnie-the-Pooh)
This fish could do everything the old man and woman wanted her to do. But the old woman was greedy and selfish and finally they lost their property. (Golden Fish)
VIII. Подведение итогов
Thank you for your work. We have done much today. We can say that books play a very important role in our life and people can’t live without books. Now it’s time to finish our work. It is interesting to know who the winner today is. (Подсчитываются выданные жетоны за правильные ответы)
Let’s clap our hands! Well done!